Safety is no accident. On the contrary, safety is something that requires great planning and care. At Volkswagen, we are unwavering when it comes to engineering our vehicles with industry-leading safety and security features. Our product safety ratings and features speak for themselves:
- The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) has named 2017 Golf 4-Door, Golf GTI 4-Door, Passat, Golf Alltrack, Jetta and Golf SportWagen a Top Safety Pick when equipped with Front Assist¹.
- Innovative features such as Intelligent Crash Response System (ICRS) which automatically unlocks all doors, shuts off the fuel pump, and turns on the hazard lights in the event of a collision
- Available driver assistance packages including, but not limited to, Forward Collision Warning, Rear Cross Alert, and Blind Spot Monitoring
- Boron Steel and Laser Seam Welding for exceptional structural protection and integrity
- A Crash-Optimized Front End on every Volkswagen, specifically designed to deflect the energy of an impact away from the safety cage (occupants)
- An additional Pressure Sensor for Side Airbag deployment, designed to respond to an impact even before traditional side-impact airbag systems do
1.Front Assist may be available only on select trim levels and/or require optional Driver Assistance Package. May be sold order only. IIHS “Top Safety Pick” based on good ratings in the moderate overlap front, small overlap front, side, roof strength and head restraint tests plus no less than an advanced rating for front crash prevention. For details visit www.iihs.org.